This last month forcefully threw me in a centrifuge, separated my realities, tossed me on my
ass butt, and demanded I take a strong, hard look at life and what I want out of it, and what I already have. I wasn’t quite ready for that, but the forces of life and fate deemed it so -and there’s really no arguing with them-. After taking time to ponder, I realized that my two realities (past and present) have quite a disconnect that didn’t register for me until now. I am at peace with the direction I have decided to take my life; I have also had to remind myself who I am, and vow to stay true to that. It’s funny how life events and people can subconsciously persuade you to veer from what you originally wanted out of life; I am more aware now of who I am than I was before. I guess I can only thank fate, life, and the additional underlying persuaders for that.
This, this is what I know now:
- I am tired of being told how I will feel about something, specifically a major life change. Let me be the decision maker in that sense. If you were right, keep the I told you so’s to yourself. I can make my own decisions, thank you very much.
- I know myself WAY better than anyone else knows me.
- Love can be the most wonderful feeling in the world, and the most painful at the same time.
- ‘Friends’ are easy to find. Sincere, true friends are diamonds in the rough. They will have your back and catch you when you fall with unwavering loyalty. Don’t let these people go.
- My dog is freaking awesome.
- I am smart, driven, and know what I want. I’m not afraid to go after it and am taking the first steps to do so.
- Expect the unexpected.
- Family is crazy. But crazy in a good way. They are my rock.
- It’s time to experience new places and expand my life bubble and what I know.
- Excuse makers will always be excuse makers, no matter how much wishful thinking goes in to it.
- I am stronger than I remembered.
- Emotions are a privilege. We as humans are granted the gift of feeling, and whether it’s happy or sad, it’s a beautiful thing.
- Time heals.
- I have accepted my imperfections. Whether others do or not is of no consequence to me.
- And finally:
Here’s to letting go and moving on. Here’s to being Me.