I am a list person. Always have been. When I have a ton of things to do, I make a list. When I am trying to learn something new, I make a list. Important events/dates? I make a list. Instructions: list. Directions: list. Sometimes, I even make a list for my lists…
That being said, I have a bucket list for my life (which maybe I’ll share one day), but I thought it would be fun to do one just for the Summer. –Hooray for cliché blog posts!- There are some things that I have already completed, and will include anyway, but there are plenty more that I would like to do, or at least attempt to do.
- Brew and bottle beer #2. Done. It will be ready to drink by July 4! P.S. it’s DELICIOUS! And I’m not just saying that. Turned out way better than we thought!
- Hike a 14-er. I haven’t done this for a looooooooong time. Done. Hiked Mt. Elbert: elevation 14,443ft.
- Go camping.
- Water ski. Ok, ok attempt to water ski. Kind of done. Attempted to surf behind a boat. Lake surfing? Boat surfing?
- Go to a Rockies game. I can’t believe I haven’t been to one yet this Summer! DONE! I got to go to Todd Helton’s final home game. Ever. He has been my favorite player, and one of my good friends gave me a ticket right behind home plate. I also managed to snag a Todd Helton bobble head doll. It’s proudly placed in my window sill.
- Plant a veggie garden. Done (See Let Your Garden Grow!). Above and beyond done. Reserve your squash and cucumbers now! We will have plenty to go around!
- Harvest and eat veggies out of our own garden. I cannot wait to do this! Done. And they are awesome!
- Get back in to a workout routine. It’s important to me, so I thought I’d include it. Mission hot bod by 26! Done! I even registered for a half marathon the day before my birthday!
Celebrate 1 year with my man. I know, *gag*. Ok, stopping the mush now. Done. 🙂Starting over. I don’t need someone else to define who I am. Except for my dog. I’ll keep him.
- Catch a big fish and eat it. Here fishy, fishy, fishy.
- Move to a new house. This will be happening within the week. Wasn’t originally planned for the Summer, but flowing with life’s curveballs. Done. SO glad it’s done.
- Hit a homerun. Done. If I could high-five myself I would.
- Go to a concert at Mishawaka Amphitheatre. I’ve never been!
- Buy a ticket to the Philippines. This will hopefully be happening soon for a trip in December! Done. Will be leaving Dec. 26. I love new adventures.
- Buy a new car. Done. Again, not originally planned.
- Create a budget list for myself and see where I can cut expenses (see #14 & #15). Done. Although it’s not going so well…
- Read 5 books. Didn’t quite hit 5, but I finished 3.
- Water fight. ‘Nuff said.
- Learn how to compost. For the veggie garden of course.
- Unplug myself for a few days – no phone, computer, etc. I actually enjoy doing this.
- Take a road trip with no destination in mind. Hopefully I’ll end somewhere cool. Or lost. But I think that’s the point.
- Attend the local Sustainable Living Fair. Actually, I will now be volunteering at it!!
- Go to a museum.
- Run a 5K. I’ve never officially done a race. Been training and running longer than a 5K. Signed up for a half marathon in September and a 10K in October.
- Go to a rodeo. I grew up going to them every Summer and haven’t been for a while.
- Take a night hike.
- Watch a sunrise. Yikes that’s early. Done. I always forget how breathtaking they are. Especially in Colorado.
- See a meteor shower. Love watching these.
- Go to the Farmer’s Markets. Done. But will continue to go because I love them.
- Spend some time outside every day. So far, so good.
- Learn a new skill. Done. Learning how to can and preserve!
- Attempt Geocaching.
- Go on a picnic.
- Make homemade granola bars.
- Go to an amusement park. I LOVE roller coasters!!
- Attend Film on the Rocks. I’ve only been to concerts here…never the movies.
- Go to the drive-in. I haven’t been in a long, long time.
- Do the brew tours. Again. Done. Always a good time.
- Actually ride my bike to work. ….if I can remember how to ride it. Jk (I hope).
- Take time to appreciate the little things.
Wow. I have a lot to do this Summer. Guess I better get started!
Maybe I should make a list about where to start….